Monday, August 3, 2015

French Fries and Sunny Skies

Seagulls are interesting birds.  I have often wondered why we see them at our local wal-mart as well as the beach.  Let's be honest, who wouldn't travel a hundred miles or so for a good french fry?    I went to the Poconos for my first taste of Western Fries.  If you dont know what that is, let me tell you, its prefectly cooked fries, topped with cheese of three varieties, baked and topped again with bacon.  Oh, and you dip them in Ranch dressing.  But I digress...
 I have always been impressed with the sensory abilities of a Sea Gull.  There can be nary a bird in sight, drop a potatoe chip in the sand and suddenly they are upon you in mass.  The closest you can come in comparing this skill of a Sea Gull is trying to eat something when your kids aren't around.  Open the fridge and there they are!  

I did my walk today, did it on the beach and brought my dogs camping with me, this gives me many more steps to add to my day; and I WON'T be going for Western Fries!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment